Your father was a Clockworker. Your grandfater was a Clockworker. Your mother worked as a specilised technician in a very important factory of the city, and you claim Central Tower Clock was made by one of your ancestor.
You should be a Clockworker too, but something gone wrong: maybe your social class is too low, you lack the confidence, or you accidentally trip hot coffe on your chief supervisor’s clockgimp and now are fired. Maybe you where a clockworker, then you got quickened and decided you will leave the town to another recursion, inthe future.
You know this town’s secret places, and you can repair almost everything is working on this town. You got the skill to be a wonderful Clockworker, and maybe you once where, before something happened and you started adventuring, or decided you should “have a life” outside the gears.
- tier 1: mechanical knowledge [+4 bonus to your intellect]
everything is a tool (1 intellect) [ignore penalties for lack of normal tools if can use something else as a substitute]
- tier 2: hidden city knowledge [got an asset for chasing, finding hiding spots, or when an extensive knowledge of hidden place could be useful]
- tier 3: tinkerer [after 1 day tinkering with an artefact or cypher it works as 1 level higher. this applies only to the clockworker]
- tier 4: cyphersmith [after 1d6 days working on a depleted mad science/mechanical/clockwork cypher can create a new one (random generated) working at half level than previous one. Cannot be used on a depleted lvl 1 cypher. Only the clockworker can use it.]
- tier 5: mechanical resonance (3 intellect) [all clockwork brained, hybrid, or mechanical automatic creature are friendly; if forced to attack, act at 1 level lower]
- tier 6: complete understanding (5 intellect) [can take control of a mad science/mechanical and clockwork machine or artefact within immediate range for up to 1 hour and use it at will; must maintain focus on them. can take control of mechanical and/or clockwork automatic creature like clockgimp or mechanical pet (but not clockwork companion of another player)